Circuit Breaker EMU-1
The circuit breaker EMU-1 ( Energy Management Unit – 1 Node ) is a highly integrated, standalone, single-phase electronic module capable of:
- Switching: on, off, dim, timer function
- Protection: based on various configurable fault conditions
- Measuring: current, voltage, power, Cos φ, etc.
- Metering: energy consumption, real & reactive-power
- Including 4 independent processors:
- a µController for the real-time actions like switching and protecting
- a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) for the complex calculations of various measurements
- a host CPU for web- & socket services, up to 32 GByte storage & many applications
- a dedicated wireless processor for the TCP/IP communication via WLAN
At switching or circuit breaking actions the load is not only taken off from power by internal switching transistors, but also via a relay to ensure galvanic disconnection. This modul can not only be installed in 110 or 220 volt AC environments, but also in 24 to 310 volt DC installations. The allowed current flow to the load can be set between 0.1 and 16 Amperes. Power to the load gets interrupted (circuit-breaker-function), if the current to the load stays more than 10 to 400 millisecond (configurable) over the defined current limit. The modul is protected against over temperature and turns the load off, if the modul gets too hot.
The circuit breaker has an integrated Web-Server, which is accessible via WLAN. The user is able to configure the circuit breaker and control / monitor the load via a normal web browser. This is possible by using a PC, tablet-PC, smart phone, iPad or iPhone.
The EMU-1 circuit breaker with 12 x 5 x 2,6 cm has a small form factor and is mountable on rails with 1 to 2.3 mm strengths according to DIN EN 60 715
How to buy EMU-1
This module will be available for purchasing by the end of year. If you are interested to get one device, you can register yourself to receive an offer as soon as the product is available.